The current implementation is merely a first prototype. It needs several enhancements before we can consider it a serious competitor to Prolog systems with mature tabling such as XSB, YAP and B-Prolog. In particular,
- The performance needs to be improved.
- Memory usage needs to be reduced.
- Tables must be shared between threads, both to reduce space and avoid recomputation.
- Tables must be invalidated and reclaimed automatically.
- Notably XSB supports incremental tabeling and well-founded semantics under negation.