- Where Format is an atom and Args is a list of format arguments. Handed to format/3.
- If this appears as the last element, Stream is flushed (see flush_output/1)
and no final newline is generated. This is combined with a subsequent
message that starts with
at_same_lineto complete the line.
- If this appears as first element, no prefix is printed for the first
line and the line position is not forced to 0 (see format/1,
- ansi(+Attributes, +Format, +Args)
- This message may be intercepted by means of the hook
prolog:message_line_element/2. The library
library(ansi_term)implements this hook to achieve coloured output. If it is not intercepted it invokes
format(Stream, Format, Args).
- A new line is started. If the message is not complete, Prefix is printed before the remainder of the message.
- begin(Kind, Var)
- The entire message is headed by
begin(Kind, Var)and ended by
end(Var). This feature is used by, e.g., library
library(ansi_term)to colour entire messages.
- Handed to format/3
format(Stream, Format,). Deprecated because it is ambiguous if Format collides with one of the atomic commands.