The package metadata file
The package metadata file is a Turtle file at a fixed location in the
<pack>/rdf/cpack/<pack>.ttl. A template metadata file
can be created using cpack_create/3. See also creating
a CPACK. This file documents the most important properties.
The schema for CPACKS is described in
The metadata file provides a single resource denotes as
the file itself). Here are the most important properties
- rdf:type <Class>
The class is a subclass of cpack:Package. Currently defined subclasses
- a cpack:Application provides human-readable web-pages
- a cpack:Component provides a library for building human-readable web-pages
- a cpack:Skin specialises layout and presentatio of resources
- a cpack:API provides HTTP services (with JSON/XML output)
- a cpack:Library provides general computation libraries
- a cpack:Ontology provides RDF/OWL schemas
Many packages provide a mixture. We propose to use the principal role. Notably an application may require all the other categories. If some of these facilities are considered a candidate for reuse in other packages it is better to put these in their own package.
A literal that gives the package name. This must match the base-name
of the GIT repository (without
Short (20-40 character) description of the package that appears in
the overview table. Also used for the
descriptionfile of the git mirror.
- Longer text that appears on the package page.
Either a URL of a FOAF profile that may be fetched as linked data
or a blank-node providing at least the author name and foaf:mbox.
Note that the ClioPatria package server also provides URLs that
describe users with an account. The address thereof is the
address of the server, followed by
- Blank node of type cpack:GitRepository, providing the URL of the primary GIT repository as cpack:gitURL.
- Explicit requirements. Currently this is a blank node holding a cpack:name with the name of the required token. This must be matched by another package that provides this token. Note that requirements that can be deduced because one package loads a file provided by another package are computed automatically. Currently this is limited to Prolog source-files.
- Sub-property of cpack:packageName that provide the name of a required token.
Below is an example from the package
foaf_user, which requires
@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> . @prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> . @prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> . @prefix cpack: <http://cliopatria.swi-prolog.org/schema/cpack#> . @prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> . <> a cpack:Application ; cpack:packageName "foaf_user" ; dcterms:title "FOAF profiles for accounts" ; cpack:author [ foaf:name "Jan Wielemaker" ; foaf:mbox <mailto:email@example.com> ; ] ; cpack:primaryRepository [ a cpack:GitRepository ; cpack:gitURL <git://eculture.cs.vu.nl/home/janw/git/ClioPatria/foaf_user.git> ] ; cpack:requires [ cpack:name "foaf" ] ; cpack:description """Manage and view local accounts as FOAF profiles """ .